Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Weekend Market -- Bangkok



Yesterday, I got to reminiscing about the Four Seasons Hotel in Bangkok. But I can’t help but think about this great city without thinking about the weekend market. It’s one of the most intense shopping experiences I’ve had in my life – stalls packed with literally everything under the sun. You can purchase live animals here. You can purchase flip flops for about $1. I’ve also salivated over glazed dishes, purchased an entire set of silverware and bought a great pair of Puma knock off running shoes for $3. My saving grace has been a map prepared a few years back by Nancy Chandler (http://www.nancychandler.net/) which breaks down the market by sections. It’s a must if you plan to go! Take the subway there early and then take a cab back after you’ve exhausted yourself…preferably to a cool drink waiting at the Four Seasons.

No comments: