Pages

Friday, June 29, 2007

A Fortunate Day
















How lucky we are, I think to myself last night when my husband returns home from Kenyan...and I'm driving home to meet him in my air-conditioned car. I'm thinking about the African country he just returned from and my travels through South Africa, Ethiopia, and Senegal to name a few. These pictures are of a clinic I visited a few years back in Dakar, Senegal -- the women waited patiently for vaccinations for their children. It was a sweltering, hot day but they were dressed beautifully, intricate turbans wrapped their smiling faces. They were not only willing to have their pictures taken -- some begged me to do so. I walked away thinking about my daughter, our easy rides to the doctor's office for shots and how fortunate we are, indeed.