Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Kenyan goodies



My husband is back safe and sound from Nairobi. He just spent ten days in Kenya for work -- but managed to squeeze in some of the local markets and shopping scene. I anticipate his arrival for many emotional reasons but there is a certain element of breathless anticipation to see what treasures he found this time. He did not disappoint. An intricate beaded necklace and warrior carvings for me....a colorful blue, green, yellow and red piece of woven material. Animal carvings for my daughter of zebras, giraffes, an elephant and an ostrich. I can come closer to Kenya through these items, each picked out with loving care. I am already envisioning the perfect place for my fabric (I'm a bit of a textile junkie!). Thank you sweetheart and welcome home!

No comments: