Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Children of the World


Last night, I went back and looked at some pictures from my last trip to Thailand....and was struck by many of the children that I encountered. I've visited schools, AIDS clinics and hospitals during my travels for work -- and it's always the children that I remember most. In Bangkok, I went to a school run by the Jesuits that educates and cares for children who either have AIDS or are living with someone who does. In some cases, their parents had alreay died and they were living in tiny beds lined up by the dozen on the 2nd and 3rd floors. So, today I am thinking about many of them. The question is, really, how to help? Then by chance, I got an interesting e-mail from Daily Candy about a bag you can purchase, proceeds from which will feed a child for one school year. I encourage you to check it out: http://www.amazon.com/ (Search: Feed Bag) It's a very small step but one worth considering.

No comments: