Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Vanity Fair on Africa


If you haven't had a chance to pick up the latest copy of Vanity Fair run out and get it now! I'm a regular subscriber...I can't resist reading Dominick Dunne's hilarious take on high society but I also find the journalism to be rather good. You'll find stories here about Kosovo, Africa, Asia and elsewhere that you won't find elsewhere. I'm fascinated by this month's issue devoted to Africa and edited by Bono. It features a picture of the Prez and Desmond Tutu on the cover and is filled with articles written by notable African journalists and Hollywood types, including Madonna. Last night, given my husband's trip to Africa, I read about Kenya and the explosion in small trading, the grey market and kiosks. It's what has kept the country moving forward despite corruption and political intrigue. Somalian markets like this one my husband visited are plentiful. Can't wait to see what he found!

No comments: