Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Northern Thailand -- Spa Treat


I have a holiday weekend in Thailand. I'm filled with anticipation about my long weekend. My husband has graciously agreed for me to take an extra day since I've traveled all of this way. I've been to the beaches on the coast. I've been to Chiang Mai. I've stayed in Bangkok. So late Friday afternoon I fly up to Chiang Rai, the northern traingle which borders Burma and Laos. It's not just any hotel where I'll be staying as I've done my research again. I've decided to stay at my ideal hotel/spa location -- the Anatara.

It does not disappoint nor does my trip on a long boat on the river under a blazing sun past a large golden Buddha, stopping for hot tea at a local tea house. I indulge in a 3-hour long spa treatment which starts with a foot bath overlooking the river and ends with a nice late afternoon rain shower as I'm engulfed in my fluffy spa robe.

No comments: