Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Scarlett O'Hara's Mantra for Fire Island


It was a long, arduous journey. First, there was the treacherous ferry crossing off the island. Then, I was whisked by taxi to the airport for the flight. Then, in a sudden last minute decision, I hopped on public transportation (a bus), feeling proud of myself for helping cut greenhouse gas emissions and not spending the money for a taxi! I wasn't feeling so proud when the bus broke down on the side of the road -- then I was only thinking of how to flag a taxi on a major highway. Finally, after a 45 minute wait, I made it to the Metro....and landed in my office 30 minutes later. I knew I never should have left Fire Island, sniff, sniff. I'm back in the nation's capitol.....and it's rainy and dreary here.


As God as my witness, I will go back!!!


No comments: