Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2007

How Do Those French Women Do It?


I've been thinking a lot these past 2 weeks of vacation about French women. You know, the kind that are always dressed perfectly, entertain perfectly, and eat perfectly. They don't seem to have weight problems the same way that American women do. And so, I've been wondering...if I eat the homemade ice cream I've just made, gorge myself on blueberry jam, continue drinking red wine each night at sundown and generally, engage in vacation eating habits...can I possibly look like a French woman? The bestseller, French Women Don't Get Fat, chronicled some of these mysteries -- it's sitting on my living room table at home. I think that will be my next beach read now that I'm halfway done with Eat, Pray, Love and the The Perfect Stranger. In the meantime, I'm going to indulge in a nice French Pan Bagnat for lunch.

No comments: