Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Dubai Craziness












I had a call today from my old assistant, Amanda, who has just moved to San Francisco and has been on a wonderful travel odyssey to get there via New Orleans and Austin (you go girl!). We had so much fun traveling and working together in 2006 -- Dubai, Ecuador, Romania, South Africa. She's a free spirit and I salute her sense of adventure. I loved it that she brought a guitar back from Dubai...and was obsessed with the big, infamous sail-like Jumaireh hotel on the beach, respondent in all its glory with tacky colored lights and bursts of flames from tall torches. Do you still have that tacky plastic great pepper grinder I bought you, Amanda, shaped like the hotel?

Here's to Dubai! If you go: http://www.burj-al-arab.com/

No comments: