Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Haka...the scrum...Australia rugby!



It was quite a night. Scoring tickets to the Australia-New Zealand rugby match, mind you. My Australian colleagues invited me to the big match played at the Olympic stadium last night. Just me and 78,944 cheering fans. Adorned in my Wallabies shirt (kindly loaned to me by a fanatic Coffey fan), I settled in for an amazing night. First, the Haka. Performed by the New Zealand team, it is a mixture of cheer, dance and intimidation tactic. Then onto the game....two, 40-minute halves of all out, absolute, unprotected running, kicking and tackling. In the end, the Australians proved victorious and I gained an absolute appreciation for the game and those hulky men of steel.

Photos courteous of foxnewsports.com.au

No comments: